Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Cherry" Blossom - Ornamental Purple Leaf Plum

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: "Cherry" Blossom
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 05:51:59 -0700
From: Jas Jain

No, not in Japan. On the curbside of my house. Four days ago there were no flowers, only the round buds, and then it exploded. It is a purple leaf plum tree, I am told. The flowers look very much like the Japanese Sakura trees famous for the cherry blossoms.

Jas

 


Kirk here:  It looks like a deciduous "ornamental purple leaf plum."  I have two in my front yard that will on occasion make some good tasting plums, but most rarely if ever fruit.  My trees went off last month, probably because of my lower elevation where it is warmer this time of year.  Many people have them here so the streets can be quite pretty in February and Early March when they are in bloom.  They are usually the first  to bloom in Los Altos, CA. 

No comments:





Suggested Reading


=>Article: How to Get the Best CD Rates
=>Article: Beware of Annuities
=>Info: Best Mortgage Loan Rates